Monday, June 29, 2015

Port Credit June 29, 2015

It was so nice to see sun coming through our round window port when we awoke this morning - yea! It has been a long 2 days of cold and rain. Jim came over for coffee while the mates slept in. They didn't sleep too long as Annie set sail at 7:50 for Port Credit. The chart plotter shows our course across Lake Ontario.



We arrived at 10:50, so the 25 mile trip took us 3 hours with an average speed of 8.5 knots. The seas were flat and for the first time we did not hit any bugs! The break wall to the harbor is an old sunken freighter. They do that a lot in Canada.



We bought fuel when we arrived and got a pumpout. Fuel is by the liter in Canada and we took 182 liters, or about 47 gallons. I don't think he completely filled the tank cause my consumption was only 2.5 gallons per hour. My yardstick told me I should have needed about 60 gallons.

Port Credit is a lovely port and we are in a nice marina. Kerry hit the laundry as soon as we arrived. She and Jola are sharing the one washer and dryer and knocking off multiple loads.



Jim and I visited the marine store as soon as we could. I decided to replace my fender as a new 15" one $41 Canadian and a repair kit was $28. I'll try to borrow a repair kit at home for the damaged 17" bumper. I also bought some chain and rode for my spare anchor.

The next order of business was to get out Captain Tolley's Creeping Crack Cure and seal up all the screw holes and fittings around the front hatch. The seal around the deck also looks suspicious. So, if I still have a leak I will use some white plastic tape to cover the area between the hatch and the deck.

I was really happy to see that the patch Jim and I made to my holding tank seems to be successful. The red light warning me that the tank was nearly full came on today for the first time. Previously the tanks would leak in the bilge when it got full. Today, no leak and the warning light came on. That pumpout was really timely!

Jim is unable to plug in here. They only have 2 docks with 50 amp power and he did not want one of them. He can use 2 30 amp plugs with his adapter, but they only have one 30 amp plug per dock, so none are available. He is going to plug his portable battery charger into Annie and keep his batteries up that way. He will run his boat on the inverter while here.

The only excitement so far today was when Kerry stepped on a Tide soap laundry pod on Annie's floor and shot soap all over. Don't ask how that happened. So far the internet is working well. I hope I can catch up with picture posting this evening. Now its sunny and warm, and we are going exploring.

Cocktails were on Annie. We enjoyed some spicy almonds that Anne gave me for Father's Day, plus chips, trail mix and salmon. Dinner was fish and chips at an Irish Pub called The Brogue Inn. It was very good. Tomorrow night we will be doing Italian.

We decided to stay another night here. There seemed to be no reason to leave in the middle of the Canada Day celebration, so we will stay for fireworks and all the other festivities taking place on Wednesday. We had 4 days planned for Toronto so now it will just be three.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a sunny day! Sunken freighter breakwall is very interesting! Hope Kerry is okay after stepping on soap! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete