Sunday, June 21, 2015

Two Days and Counting

Today was a most interesting Saturday before we leave on Monday. It started with a visit from the Norton Police to my son-in-law's home at 6:50. Kerry and I are babysitting for Nate while he and Anne are attending a friend's wedding. I did not know the alarm was armed until 7:00 am when I put the dogs out at 6:20.  When they arrived a second time at 8:00, I feared I could be in trouble for both two false alarms and a little yapping dog, named Peanut, that would not stop barking. Eventually it all sorted out.

I was pushing Aubrey around in her toy fire truck in the garage a little while later when I spotted a portable generator. Jim, on Liberty, has been looking for one to borrow for our trip. And there it was, right under my nose all the time. Jim does not have a generator and was afraid his batteries could deplete while we are anchored. This generator will solve that problem by powering a portable 3 stage West Marine battery charger he owns.


Aubrey with Big Shoes to fill!


Kerry needed to go to Vermilion this morning to attend a VYC Board Meeting. She is a trustee this year. I invited my friend Rosemary over to help me with the babysitting duties. For me, two one year olds and a three year old are a bit overwhelming for solo babysitting. We actually did pretty good, but I was ready for a break when Kerry returned. She could see that and suggested that I take Penny, the older dog, home with me and chill a few hours. It was a lucky thing I did.

When I opened the garage door a little piece of metal clinked on the floor. I could not see where it went and decided to ignore it, until I later saw a door cable dangling in the air. OH NO! The garage door had broken. This turned out to be a lucky break of sorts, as I was able to get a repairman out (at overtime rates of course) to fix it before I went back to Anne's that evening. If I had not gone home, I would have had to deal with it this afternoon, delay our trip, or left a broken door and hope my neighbor Dave would deal with it for me.

I was pretty exhausted at the end of the day and fell asleep playing match the card with Aubrey. I had a dream (premonition) that on our trip I started Annie to warm the engine, then went into the marina to check out and potty. When I came out Annie was gone! Someone had stolen Annie! That was a really horrible feeling, and I now know what I won't do on this trip.


No comments:

Post a Comment