Monday, July 6, 2015

Hanlan’s Point, Toronto July 3, 2015

It’s a beautiful morning in Toronto. I was up at 6:00 AM and showered shortly afterwards. After coffee and little powered white donuts (my favorite cruising breakfast) I took a walk on the beach. Jimbo came walking down the beach from the other end. So, the only two people on the beach optioned for clothing – thankfully!


I took a nice long bike ride around the island. The ferries had not started to run so there were no tourists to avoid on the bike. I stopped at Toronto Island Marina and was able to buy some additional propane containers for my grill. It is really a picturesque little island with lots of little waterways.  I took a couple of pictures of Annie from various positions on the island.



When I returned from my ride about 10:00 Kerry was just getting up. She and Jola made us a lovely blueberry pancake breakfast on the picnic table near the boats. We used our electric skillet we brought to fry fish – so the fish smell would be outside. The Princess and Duchess decided they wanted to go to Toronto tomorrow rather than today.



We did a bike ride after breakfast. Our destination was the Toronto Island Marina. The ladies wanted to visit the Marina store. I warned them that there was not much in the store, and they concurred once we were there. But they did have a nice patio bar and grill. Jim bought us a pitcher of beer which we enjoyed while sitting in the warm sun. We rode around Center Island which was fun. It’s like a mini Cedar Point, really fun for kids and families.



Dinner was hot Italian sausage with peppers and onions and baked potatoes cooked on the grill. Kerry made sweet corn in the microwave. I dropped my grilling tongs in the water by accident. Jola spotted them on the bottom. Thank goodness the water here is so clear. I was able to retrieve them with my mighty magnet I have for just such occasions. They are part of a grilling set Anne gave me so I was really happy to retrieve them. We made a bon fire afterwards. The begging ducks showed up again and for a short while we contemplated roast duck.



   
Jola had some mini marshmallows and toasted them for us. It has been a while since I had toasted marshmallows and I must admit they tasted really good. The crew on the boat next to us also made a fire. Their fire was huge. We are so glad we have an east wind which is blowing the smoke away from Annie.

1 comment:

  1. Note to self : buy MIGHTY MAGNET !!
    Love the pics !!! ��

    ReplyDelete