Monday, July 6, 2015

Port Cobourg July 6, 2015

Finally I have the internet again. I just finished posting 4 days of blog updates. It's a relief to have that done. I had to stop at 4 different locations in the marina to find one that would work well enough to upload pictures. I was afraid I was going to have to search out a library.

Not much planned for today. I think we will get the bikes out and do a little shopping. There is a marine store here, a hardware store, plus a Wal-Mart and a Home Depot. We will be launching Jim's dingy soon and I have offered to tow it around because we go slower. I want to get a floating line so that I do not suck the tow rope into my prop or stern thruster.

Jim smiled at the thought of my stern thruster being inoperative. He does not have one and I tease him about it constantly. Truth be told, it makes a HUGE difference in how easy it is to maneuver a boat while docking.

Kerry was up when I returned from blogging and a little walk downtown. She was up to going shopping. We borrowed 2 bikes from the marina.



We were lucky they had baskets cause we set sail for Canadian Tire (my favorite store) and Walmart. I found a polypropylene rope and float I can use to tow Jim’s dingy and the cutest little slider cooker for the grill at Canadian Tire.



 Kerry found her tea pot (finally), a salad bowl, a feather duster and some coffee cups that matched 2 we had on the boat. A boater in Port Colborne told us that a feather duster was the best thing to get midges off the boat without squishing them. It’s great to spend $76.76 at Walmart then get an email from Capital One stating that we just made a $61.24 international charge.



We had fish and chips for lunch at Stanley’s Fish and Grill. It was very good, but not excellent like the lunch at Toronto Island Marina. Jim and Jola went to the Buttermilk CafĂ© for breakfast and are now off getting ice cream. His power mysteries continue. The breaker in his isolation transformer continues to pop and today his bilge pump breaker was tripped.


I put Captain Tolley’s Creeping Crack Cure around the glass on the front hatch this afternoon. I saw some in the marine store and took a picture for the blog. We have not had rain for over a week, since Port Dalhousie, so I don’t know if my leak problems are over or not.


There is a really nice beach here, just steps away from the marina. I walked over this afternoon and enjoyed it for awhile.


Tomorrow we are going to an anchorage.  We probably have the most challenging day of navigation so far. We go through the Murray Canal, through the Telegraph Narrows, and other areas where we need to pay attention. The autopilots will not be used much tomorrow. We are having dinner on our own boats tonight, then having tea on Annie after dinner. Kerry gets to use her new tea pot.


2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you are back. One more time herbs are safe at my place and having a nice refreshing shower. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog. We have been at anchor for 5 days so I get to play catch up ��
    Best
    Brilig

    ReplyDelete