Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Port Credit July 1, 2015

It's Canada Day! The sun popped out about 9:00 after some nasty looking clouds went by. I cut my morning walk short because it appeared I was going to get dumped on. The bakery was not open when I stopped there. I had hoped to surprise Kerry with a treat. Everyone must not have money here, because I saw a chap taking cans out of the recycle can to put in his personal recycle bag.



Jim had his hose out so I filled our water tank. We had 63 gallons left, out of 120. If the good weather holds I hope to do a bike ride along the lakeside sometime after the parade. Our expenses are running $138 per day so far. Kerry says that's too high and we need to cut back. We don't keep track on a daily basis at home so its hard to relate that number to anything other than her budget. I think on Excalibur we use to spend $120 or so on our big trips, although the last one was in 2011. Once we start anchoring more, costs will go down.

The parade was pretty nice. We thought it started at 10:00 so we got great seats at 9:35. It actually started at 11:00 so we were plenty early.



The parade lasted a little over 1 hour. Everyone was in their Canada Day finest and it was a pretty festive event. Even this American got in the mood with my "Canada EH!" shirt.


There was a 1958 Pontiac convertible in the parade. I had one of those! It was fun to see one again. Mine was sunrise coral, or pink. A couple parade pictures follow.








We did get to go for a bike ride this afternoon. There is a very nice paved bike/ walk path that goes by the lake. They had two warning signs that seemed unusual to this biker.



After our ride we sat out and listened to one of the many bands playing. At one point we could hear three. We felt like real power boaters with our chairs on the dock. But, Jim and I noticed that we were the only power boaters that headed into the dock. Every other boat is backed in. Hmmm?  


Fireworks are at 10:00 tonight. We hope we can make it! Kerry is making a delicious looking tuna fish casserole for us for dinner, and we will be joined by the Karpinski's. Jim called it a cracked pot casserole because Kerry's favorite baking dish cracked in half. Who knows why? We were able to salvage the dinner.

We made it to fireworks, and they were pretty good. 



I am a bit surprised that we have not been inspected by the Border Patrol yet, but I suspect that will happen tomorrow when we get to Toronto. I don't know if wifi will be available on a regular or any basis for the next few days as we go to Hanlans Point on Toronto Island.








1 comment:

  1. Love your "Canada EH" shirt and the parade pics! Great pics of you and Kerry in sun glasses! Researched Wild Parsnip-causes rashes and blisters-NOT fun! Stay safe! Love "Annie" pictures! Weather is great here (finally)! Hope your weather is great, also!

    ReplyDelete